The last four years have challenged immigrant communities to build their resiliency and advance despite sustained and consistent attacks on communities' dignity and humanity. One important lesson we have learned as advocates, organizers and litigators is that even with a change in the White House, immigrant communities cannot count on the federal government to ensure all of the conditions necessary for a just future.
The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) and the California Immigrant Policy Center (CIPC), long-time legislative, advocacy and organizing leaders in our respective states, came together to celebrate what our states have done but to also chart a different way forward—one that centers the humanity and dignity of immigrants. This Blueprint serves as a call to action to ask states, allies and funders to work with us and our partners to invest in organizing, building power and leadership to ensure policy wins in every state across the country, not just California and New York.
- Document type
- North America / United States
- North America / United States (Northeastern) / New York
- North America / United States (Western) / California
- Copyright 2021 by New York Immigration Coalition. All rights reserved.
- What to read next
- Immigrants Assimilate into the Political Mainstream
- Unlocking the Power of Immigrant Communities
- Using Experiments to Improve Progressive Hispanic Voter Registration
- Linked data add horizontal_rule