- Key findings
Summary report from convening of experts on the European perspectives on promoting integration through the media.
In order to bring evidence based both on the experience on ground and on the academic research into the mainstream media, it is important to get the format and timing right. Tweet
Don't focus only on the press media. Radio, television and art (e.g. movies, photo exhibitions etc.) can be useful mediums. Tweet
Put pressure not only on the journalists, but also on the NGOs who should focus on their situation and needs but also adopt a collaborative approach. Tweet
- Document type
- Copyright 2011 ERLAI, European Programme for Integration and Migration (Epim).
- What to read next
- An Immigration Advocate's Need-to-know for Policy Change: A Conversation with the APA's Katherine B. McGuire
- Media, Public Storytelling and Social Justice: An Introduction to FOMACS, Forum on Migration and Communications
- Reframing the Immigration Debate: How the Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition Retooled its Communications Strategy
- Linked data add horizontal_rule