The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) is an umbrella policy & advocacy organization that represents over 200 immigrant and refugee rights groups throughout New York.
The NYIC serves one of the largest and most diverse newcomer populations in the United States. The multi-racial and multi-sector NYIC membership base includes grassroots and nonprofit community organizations, religious and academic institutions, labor unions, as well as legal and socioeconomic justice organizations. The NYIC not only establishes a forum for immigrant groups to voice their concerns, but also provides a platform for collective action to drive positive social change.
Since its founding in 1987, the NYIC has evolved into a powerful voice of advocacy by spearheading innovative policies, promoting and protecting the rights of immigrant communities, improving newcomer access to services, developing leadership and capacity, expanding civic participation, and mobilizing member groups to respond to the fluctuating needs of immigrant communities.
- Published by
- New York Immigration Coalition
- Document type
- Annual Report
- Copyright 2022 by New York Immigration Coalition. All rights reserved.
- What to read next
- The New York Immigration Coalition 2022 Annual Report
- Study of the Outcomes and Impacts of the Global Forum on Migration and Development and Civil Society Days
- Linked data add horizontal_rule